Two weeks ago we thought we were definitely losing Scooter.
But after a definite dip downwards, he has been improving and doing well.
Today was the first little setback we've seen- he had about half an hour of tense head nodding, twitching and sudden jerky movements in his front legs and down his back. I sat with him, talking gently to him, and keeping my hand next to his head so that he could lean onit now and then. Eventually he tucked my hand under his paw and then under his breastbone. He ended up falling asleep on me there. He's spent the day in his 'cave box', asleep on his pillow with a hot water bottle and his 'flat mouse' (no filling in 'flat mouse', hence name). He has eaten a whole tin of Hills A/D (a special convelescant mush, high taste and high calorie).
I don't want his cyber-beans and furrends to be disheartened though. This is the first sign of an 'after shock' from the bad seizures he had two weeks ago. He really has been doing so well, and his eye is a lot better and the lump on his face is much smaller.
Over the last 6 days he-
- jumped up to the windowsill again
- re-found his bench in the garden, and got up onto it with no problems
- got back into using the catflap
- saw off an intruder cat that dared to sit on his fence
- ran (yes I said RAN) at a flock of birds that were sitting on his lawn, culminating in a mini jump and a 'high 5' with one forepaw (I don't know who was more amazed: us, him, or the birds!)
Please keep your purrayers going and send some healing thoughts out to him. He is such a fighter, and such a gorgeous wee man-cat. I am so thankful that he is able to stay a little longer.
tea & cake,