Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Friday 10 November 2006

SEBASTIAN

This cheeky puss can be viewed on the following URL:



Here is my version:

There are still parts that I'd like to re-do, change slightly, touch up, etc. So I expect I shall return to this one. But I do think I caught a likeness and especially a little bit of his character. This was the most difficult so far but the most enjoyable as returning to his cheeky expression always made me smile.
Here are some step-by-step scans I took as I went along:


- First sketch, trying to get basic outline shape....


...(below) adding some tones/shade...


.........(left) realised at this point that his face was too long so I had to adjust that....







...(below) doing those eyes, and lightening up the jaw line ready for white hair....










...(left) some hair and the collar
(above)...nearly there, but what to do with the white hair on a white background? (At this stage I went out and bought coloured paper for next time. LOL!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice blog.

- DANIEL
from Singapore
http://www.eknowledgemarketplace.com/

Gattina said...

Nice drawings ! I think I will return to my cats. Lately I did other animals (only two) but it's not the same, my main models will always be cats !

Mrs Mac said...

It is very relaxing, having to sit and look at a cat!