Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Sunday 21 October 2007

Off for a while....

I'm off to Ireland for a few days. We're staying with my partner's family in the south west. I'm nervous as hell. Took a long time to decide to go. Don't usually, he goes alone - it's not a snub, it's the butterflies in my tummy when I'm around people I don't know well. Already, yesterday, I was running to the loo with nerves.

Wish such family stuff wasn't such a big thing for me. Is it for others? Do you tie yourself up in knots over things like this? Or is the decision to go or not to go really easy, just takes a minute?

8 comments:

Chalkhills Collective said...

Yes, family stuff is big! I'm writing this waiting for my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her awful children to arrive. This visit is a very rare event and I feel I should be loyal to my partner as he's the forgotten son. However, I've been dreading it. We're poles apart and I feel invisible to my mother-in-law. I feel such a cow for feeling like this, but that's how it is. My partner does understand and he's not overjoyed by the invasion either. Hope it goes well for you.

Chalky

PS - I get the trots when I'm nervous too!

Peaceful/Paisible said...

have a nice time dear...and nothing to do with the subject but your blog is not too pink, the colour on my screen is what we call in French "rose thé"...very soft and very nice...and families, families...keep you in my thoughts , don't worry...love to all

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Tricky things, families. I'm a MIL and in constant fear of offending/being a nuisance/getting in the way/saying something wrong/being ignored/disliked.
I think it's a 'woman' thing. Good luck! (Thank goodness you've got Bob and Dilly with you)

Anonymous said...

Family is not a problem for me. I know them - they can't get rid of me... or me of them!

I absolutely dread job interviews and situations in which I have no control. I don't like working in large groups either - too much commotion and too many wanting to have things done their way.

I get really nervous - afterwards, when the stressful situation is over - all I want to do is sleep.

Once you get there I'm sure you'll calm done some. Have fun with the kids. (Dilly, Bob and Grayum)

Mrs Mac said...

Chalky,

LOL! Strange that it affects the nether-regions isn't it?

Mrs Mac said...

Ah Mousie!
I'm relieved to see you here! I've been worrying about your absence on your blog. I hope YOU'RE ok!

Mrs Mac said...

Lynda,

Yes, I've been told that half the trouble is thinking too much and trying too hard!

Mrs Mac said...

Chewy,

Bob, Dilly and Grayum are like a get-out clause. Know what I mean???? An enjoyable trio to hide behind. Ha.

I'm with you re sleeping after the stress. I've slept tons since I've been back!