Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Books

Rememer I mentioned a while back that I'd like to try my hand at making books? (I was going to say "Bookmaking" but that means something else, doesn't it... I wonder why that is? Hmm strange...) Well I still haven't got to grips with the little sewing machine but I've made these ones with ribbon binding instead......




Only two holes are visible from the cover, but the ribbon actually weaves through four.

I've also made two Christmas notebooks, for lists. I made them handbag size, one for me and one for Mum, so that we can use them when we're Christmas shopping. I have to have lists for this. Otherwise I end up buying three things for one person and nothing for two others, and only find out when I'm out of cash ;^)

Hope you like my efforts so far. One is already winging its way to someone, tucked inside a birthday card.....



New blog: Carftering



.

5 comments:

Feronia said...

They're lovely! Very Japanese-style...so pretty!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

THose are very nice. WE have always wondered how 'bookmaking' got it's name. Maybe you will be a book binder?

Timaree said...

Aren't these pretty! I am happy to see you back to creating your wonderful items.

Julie said...

Very pretty books Helena. Well done you! :)

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Very purrrrrty books dear Helena....I have to make some for my sketchbook club that I moderate. Thank you for the colorful inspiration. I am curious about the ribbon binding. Two holes show but there are 4 inside...so show and tell this sounds mysterious and I want to know! From one book binder to another, so to speak:)