Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Wednesday 24 June 2009

My sister

I've mentioned my sister, Christina, from time to time. She emigrated to Australia in 1996 and works in computer animation there. She's 4 years older than me, and was always brilliant at art at school. I remember, when just 14, she drew a big picture of horses running through water. It was perfect- and she did the whole thing in biro! No room for false strokes there!

This cat portrait is her latest. She emailed this to me today and said she did it when she was bored because she remembered that I "strangely like cats". She has offered me the original- it measures 24 inches x 24 inches. YES! YES PLEASE!!

I wish I were as good! Practice, I suppose. But I do feel that it runs in the family from the top down- she's the eldest so she got the biggest dose, then it diluted on it's way down to me!

12 comments:

Tee McNeil Art said...

She is amazing! Tell her I strangely like dragonflies! LOL Seriously - does she publish on deviant art or anything? Love to see more!

Sir Woodstock said...

Hi Auntie Helena!

Wish I had commented earlier.
I do soooooo appreciate good art!
You're naturaly gifted, and, never ever forget that.
We 'love' your cards!
Please create on.

Love & hugs
Woodstock & (Blue)!

Julie said...

It is a stunning drawing but don't underestimate your own talents Helena. You create beautiful art. xx

CherryPie said...

That is amazing, I thought it was a photograph :-)

i beati said...

Very touching My little dwarf cat Sweetheart died Sunday a month after my dog and my other one is soon. Pain too big sandy

Lynda (Granny K) said...

It is stunning Helena! Just brilliant!

Stardust said...

Christina is wonderful! I love the details of the cat, the glassy eyes, soft fur and expression.

Now it ain't true that you've received a smaller portion of magic, I think both of you are just as awesome!!

Have a beautiful day.

Feronia said...

That is beautiful! I thought it was a photo to start with - just stunning!

mrsnesbitt said...

Gosh! Truly wonderful and so fine artish! I could never do anything like this, but as the others say honeybunch dont compare cos you too are creative. I remember a deputy head saying I was creative whilst she was artisitic....never got it myself.

Look out for the postman!

Mrs Mac said...

Thanks, everyone!

Draygonflies, I don't think she sells anywhere- I keep telling her to- I think she's mad not not. I'll ask if she displays her pic's anywhere though...

BumbleVee said...

WOW...wow wow!!!.... this is wonderful...she definitely has a talent for this....

Roz said...

I thought it was a photo!! The eye is stunning! Well it all is, but the eye! WOW!