Luvbug and I have a sneaky feeling that someone somewhere may have a photo of us and is sticking pins in it, because when comes to tough luck, if it isn't happening to us, it's happening to someone near us!
How about this for a running tally, since October:
- Central heating wouldn't come on again. We got estimates to get it fixed and decided to go ahead at about £2,000.
- Mum had an MRI revealing 3 fractured vertebrae and osteoporosis.
- The following week- Mum had a mini-stroke.
- Heating job rose to nearly £3,000 as pipes were found to be almost completely blocked.
- Luvbug got date for long-awaited operation on a hernia- they've given him Christmas Eve!
- My younger brother rings from Mexico where he went to work and live with the love of his life in March... erm.... they've split up.
- Elder brother rings to say he has to have a test for bowel cancer. WTF??????
- We bring mum and cats to Colchester- very stressful journey. Fluffy and Scooter meowed all the way. HATED new carriers. OK once here, but boy oh boy! First few days were stress stress stress. Very little sleep all round.
- Same evening we all get home- we shut the front door and the handle and lock all fall away in Luvbug's hand. I call locksmith the morning. New lock fitted = £130.
- Mum's first day in our place and I show her round the garden where she slips on leaves and falls flat over- luckily nothing broken but very winded.
- Luvbug has job interview. Goes to cupboard for ironing board for suit trousers.... finds ironing board is soaked through. The only thing above that cupboard is the upstairs loo.... we flush it to find out what the connection is.... water pours through a new hole in the cupboard's ceiling! Now we have to get a plumber to investigate, a new loo, new flooring....
Good grief! What is this??? Well thank goodness I am laughing. I don't know HOW I am, stress usually has such a bad affect on me. Maybe it's adrenaline. I don't know. But c'mon! Isn't it someone else's turn yet??? AND TODAY MY BLOODY TIME OF THE MONTH STARTED!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRGHHHHH!
NOT the best day to be wandering through M & S when they have a "Buy one, get one free" offer on 1lb boxes of chocolate biscuits... =)
ps.................. he got the job!!!! Now we have to check how long after the op' he has to refrain from driving. We suspect they will say more than a week, in which case he'll have to cancel the operation because having it will mean he can't start the new job.....