Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Monday 8 February 2010

Back at mum's

I don't know why I worry about mum's loss of memory. I'm doing it myself.

This morning I put on some porridge for breakfast, then walked out of the room and started doing something else. The next thing I know, it's black smoke and stinky burnt oats billowing in the kitchen. OOOPSS!!!!

I tell mum about my own little 'senior moments' like these, in the hope that it will make her feel better, tell her that it's ok, we all have them. I don't think it's having that reassuring effect at all; she now just thinks it's hereditary!

6 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

LOL I have to smile at this, as that is what I call my senior moments.. It comes to us all no matter what age.. I hope your mum is doing ok.. You take care.. Carol and GJ x

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We all have those moments. Like leaving the iron on and leaving the house for hours! Nothing bad happened, but it scared me!

Julie said...

I've not left anything on the stove.....yet, but I have left the gas burning after I've dished up, and I can never remember where I've put things, and I talk to myself all the time, and I walk in a room and can't remember why I've gone there....and.....and. Oh dear! ;o)

Julie said...

PS I think it comes of having a busy mind :o)

i beati said...

For sure I have them sandy

Feronia said...

Take care Helena! I am getting increasingly like this too - walking into a room and then forgetting why I'm there, walking away from a task midway through...!