Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Lovely garden things...

Nature is my best lift when I am down.
Here are some highlights from my last week....

This is Tiger.
He lives about 6 doors down from my Mum, but is trying to move in with her. A typical story: a family that gets pet after pet- as soon as the novelty wears off one they get another. Now they have several dogs. Tiger is voting with his paws.
Here he is, asleep in Mum's back garden. Unfortunately she can't adopt him fully, can't encourage him indoors: Fluffy and Scooter are disturbed by him. Scooter has FiV so we can't risk him passing that on. We encourage a diplomatic distance between them. Like here, it was warm and sunny, and all three cats lay belly up in the sun, too comfy to be bothered.

Here is our hawthorn tree, in full blossom. Also called a May tree, so this May Flower, of the ship fame, I suppose :)
It has been windy these last few days and the blossom is blowing like confetti across the garden:

We have a song thrush!They are so rare now, so I am delighted to have one regularly popping in to our garden. Here s/he is, eating sultanas (raisins or currants would serve just as well...)

Here's a pair of love birds. Well, wood pigeon, to be precise :)
I think we are going to have some baby pigeons :)

I also took pic's of all the flowers in the garden, but these are on the other computer. I'll post them another time.

*** *** *** *** ***

Other snips of news:

Re the washing machine:

The engineer came to fix the machine yesterday. Despite my reading that the most probable cause of smoke billowing out of it is a problem with the bearings, he said it was the rubber seal round the door. Isn't it amazing how a man with a white van can tell what's wrong with a machine just by looking at it, not examining or touching it in any way? Wow! Magic! So anyway he changed the seal.

He said, "Yeah, you've had bits of rubber in your washing, aint yer?"
"Er, no." I replied.
"Yeah well you would av."

Fair enough. I gave up! I'll do some washing and see what happens. If I need to call again I'll ask them not to send the guy with the rubber seal obsession.

Re the cats:

Please keep things crossed for Scooter, as he has a dose of cat flu at the moment. With his FiV it is difficult to fight it but he is on anti-biotics. I hope he is ok again soon....

18 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

beautiful pictures in your garden! Glad the Washing machine is 'fixed'! Purrs for you and Scooter!

Julie said...

Isn't Tiger beautiful? I used to have a cat called Tiger many years ago - he was a black cat! I'm sorry to hear about Scooter, I do hope he gets well soon.

Good luck with the washer :o)

Lynda (Granny K) said...

I hope Scooter goes on OK and that you are on an 'up' soon.

Hugs, Lynda

CherryPie said...

I love those garden things, very uplifting :-)

Emily said...

Beautiful garden you have there! Healing thoughts to Scooter :)

Michael House said...

We have some song thrushes. We saw a couple dead two years ago. Our neighbours use a lot of slug destoyer, the thrushes eat the poisoned slugs and then die. Beautiful pictures, we have the pigeons too, they are called Doris and David, never know who is who though!

i beati said...

thank you fro taking me on a nature walk- there is nothg i love more than that except my furry friends..sandyStill want a mouse grey euro italian greyhound so badly- all my life really

Timaree said...

I hope he's okay again real soon. Poor kitty. Glad your washer (cross your fingers) is back to normal again. Great pics of the birds and garden.

Mrs Mac said...

Freebird,

apologies btw, I have dropped out of Facebook! But thanks for "friending" me!!!

The washer seems ok now. Least, I've just done the first BIG load since it was fixed and all went ok....

Mrs Mac said...

ibeati,

I think of you and my mum whenever I see greyhounds and wippets, as you two are so mad on them! We have a charity called The Greyhound Trust in this town, so we see lots of them about, some with their new owners and some being walked by foster carers! They all look so graceful, even the one with 3 legs!

Mrs Mac said...

Michael House

Ug! I was at a garden centre recently and could not believe how many slug pellets were on sale. I can't believe they haven't been banned yet! They are bad for hedgehogs, too. So sad about the two thrushes you found :(

Mrs Mac said...

Emily, thank you for the healing htoughts- keep them going! He now has a swollen 'wrist' and the vet says if it doesn't settle he will need an xray next week. We don't want that as I don't like him being knocked out at the age of 16, and they have to do that for him to be still for the xray. It is such stress for him. He is still quite sniffy, too.

Mrs Mac said...

Cherrypie,

yes, I love my garden. It's only smal but there is so much packed into it. I like the idea of having my own patch of sky :)

Mrs Mac said...

Lynda, I think the 'up' is kicking in. There are lots of worries around me though, and I have to just be careful that they don't pull me down.

Mrs Mac said...

Julie

Tiger is gorgeous! And he is so friendly. It breaks my heart when he lies belly up, looking at me, and I can't make a fuss of him cos Scooter is watching!

Mrs Mac said...

Angel,

thank you for your purrs. I'd like to have them on tape :)

Gattina said...

Such cute pictures ! A pity that your mom can't take Tiger in, but at least he has some company and I suppose food too !
Thank you so much for your comment on my wheeping widow post ! It is recomforting to know that there are other of these specimen around ! He is so stupid that he doesn't even realize what he has done and doesn't understand that people don't agree with him. I told his son to try to take him as he is, he won't change anymore. Finally we both realized that we never really knew this guy.
Thanks again !

Stardust said...

I've really enjoyed the series of photographs. It's like a dream garden to me.

Hope that Scooter is doing ok...