Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Monday 5 October 2009

Cough, splutter, ufff...

Since Thursday I've been spending nights trying to sleep sitting upright on the sofa. I get propped up by cushions and have a soft, fleecy blanket round me. Still not very comfortable! But the idea is to try to prevent the cold from settling in my chest and triggering my asthma. It's a drill I've got used to each time I start getting a cold...

Well, ooops! I gave in last night; I felt myself sliding down into a horizontal flop and didn't have the willpower to make myself sit up again! The call to sleep flat was too strong. D'oh!

I had a nice nap of about 3 hours or so there, but knew as soon as I sat up this morning that I was going to have to pay for it- cough cough cough, deep and loud like a foghorn. Oh dear. Now I'm on my inhalers.

Might do some steam inhalation later. And perhaps I better cancel tomorrow's Art Therapy. As well as thinking I should stay in the warm, I don't really want to pass it on!

Bleagh!

15 comments:

A Good Moroccan said...

I hope you're feeling better soon !

Lori said...

we are all sick over here too...hope you are feeling better soon:) thanks for stopping over to visit me!!!

Feronia said...

Poor you, Helena. I've been battling with my sinuses lately, so I know where you're coming from. Stay warm and hope you feel better soon :)

i beati said...

not sounding fun!!love you sandy

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I hate that part of asthma! You know once it is in the chest, you are in for the long haul! Hope you feel better soon.

DeniseinVA said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery from that horrible cold. Honey and lemon juice to taste in hot water, with a little grated ginger. If you don't like the ginger leave it out, it's still very good. Such a comforting drink when you have a cold. Feel better soon Helena.

DeniseinVA said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery from that horrible cold. Honey and lemon juice to taste in hot water, with a little grated ginger. If you don't like the ginger leave it out, it's still very good. Such a comforting drink when you have a cold. Feel better soon Helena. Leaving a comforting hug.

Kyanite said...

Dear 'Aunt' Helena!

So sorry to hear your poorly.
I recommend Hot Chocolate, sprinkled with Nutmeg, or rahter Mother does!

Hugs
Woodstock

Stardust said...

Keep warm honey and get better real soon!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh no, hope you start feeling better soon! It is no fun being sick.
--JB

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Hope you are better soon Helena. Hugs from Lynda and the bears

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Hope you are better soon Helena. Hugs from Lynda and the bears

Dragonstar said...

How miserable for you Helena! There are always germs about when school starts, aren't there? Hey, why bother about passing things on when no-one bothers about passing them to you? (I joke - I think!)
Do hurry up and get well. ((Hugs))

Shirley said...

I would bet it could be H1N1. Adults get pretty sick, but not like kids. They have to really be watched close. Glad you are feeling better, my friend!

Shirley said...

I've been gone too long from your blog. I love your art here as always. I ended up purchasing all of the Starform 3D peel offs from a store in England. I couldn't find them here. LOLOL Thank you Ms enabler.