Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Wednesday 4 January 2012

52/4



The Waiting Room
by FG Cottam
"The windows from this distance were black, sightless. Creed shivered. He did not know why."
  ( -Just finished reading this great ghost story!)



As before, if you'd like to join in here's how-


  • Pick any book,
  • go to page 52
  • give us the sentence that contains line 4. -Can be more than one sentence, as mine was this time!

Leave your results in the comments. Or, if you want to put it as a post on your own blog, just leave us a link to find it there!

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** 



3 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

The Christmas Quilt by Patricia Davids.

She straightened abruptly. "Nee. Jonathan is not courting me. He has his eye on my fried Karen Imhoff."

It is about a blind Amish woman. I have just started it so do not have a critique.

Eileen said...

From 'You've Got Murder' by Donna Andrews.

"There was something unnerving about going straight from the windowless copy room to the elevators to the underground Metro station beneath Crystal City, only seeing the outdoors - or the real world, as he called it - for the six blocks between the Foggy Bottom Metro station and his apartment."

(From the back of the book: "Meet Turing Hopper, the "perfect cyber-sleuth for the new millenium". An 'Artificial Intelligence Personality' - AIP for short - she's a mainframe computer with a mind like Miss Marple... and hardware that hides a suspiciously human heart.")

Eileen said...

I've been down and out since Dec 20, with gobs of neck and shoulder pain and inflammation that left me with arms and hands in various stages of usability since then. My husband Wes and our two grown sons were wonderful over the holidays, helping me when I couldn't do for myself. They are my heroes. :)

I typed my 52/4 with one finger of my left hand a few days ago.

Been thinking of you, Helena, and hoping your new year is being easy on you. I've got some health challenges I'm going to have to tackle this year. Well, don't we all. :) And I want to get creative and make things this year too.

Hope you're doing well, dear you. Give Scooter a little hug and he will give you one back from me.

Eileen x