This is my latest card. I really like this one. I made it for my partner's brother; it's his birthday next week. I don't think he's likely to be popping in here, though, so it's ok!He's into horse racing so I found a horsey pic. Had to have a hedgehog in it too, obviously.
- The image is a Penny Black rubber stamp.
- I watercoloured the picture then mounted onto paper that I'd rubbed and scraped with Distress Inks, then attached a thin sticky gold line round the edges to finish off.
- The oval is made of some paper that came free with a magazine, stuck onto card and mounted on foam pads so that it stands forward of the picture like a frame.
- The plaque is just white card, again with Distress Inks, then a few ribbons.
- The leaves are rub-on transfers.
I made this next one quickly as a notecard to put in with a parcel to someone. I like the effect of tearing paper. I think things can get too fussy sometimes.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Well I spoke up too soon about the weather! We had storms and we've been left with fresher days now, about 65 - 70 F. Much more comfortable for me!
I am hobbling about with a bad hip, my left one. It's been hurting for about 2 months and I didn't bother with the doctor as they would only have told me to take Ibuprofen, so I've been taking it anyway, -plus codeine when it's very bad, heat patches, cold patches, warm baths, you name it I've probably tried it. It isn't going away (I often get wonky joints for a phase, then they go ok again and it's another joint's turn). In fact it seems to be getting worse so I better make an appointment. Hey ho! Better dig out my decent pants. HAHAHA!
It's a burning sort pain, which is a bit of a concern as I always associate that kind with arthritis.