Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Tuesday 28 July 2009

More on the medallion stickers....

Here is the card I made with the topper I demonstrated in my last post:The sticker sheet included corner stickers but I used them as decoration either side of the ribbon instead..

Here are the others I made the same day:I really like this next one. The turquoise colour together with the intricate pattern gives it a sort of Morrocan style:
If you do use these sticker sheets -not just for this type of pattern, but any "outline sticker" sheet- don't immediately throw them away!

You can get something called a "transfer sheet" sometimes called a "transfer foil" and use this to pick up what's left. This means you get to use the negative from the pattern as well. Here are some photo's of me doing this, which might make it clearer-

Here you can see circles of dots, left behind after I've used the medallion sticker. In this photo I've placed the"transfer sheet" on top of one of the circles. The transfer sheet is sticky on one side and I'm rubbing it over with a lolly stick to get the pattern of dots to stick to it.Next, carefully and very slowly lift the transfer sheet, pulling the dots away with it. If some are left behind, replace the sheet and rub some more until everything is picked up on the sheet:Place onto your card or paper:Rub evenly over the back:Pull away gently, leaving the pattern behind:The transfer sheet can be reused a few times if you store it back on its backing sheet...
The transferred pattern looks like embossing:

Here I've transferred the largest pattern. This one took about 5 minutes rubbing to pick it up completely on the sheet. Lots of patience needed!!! -But it's worth it really, if you think that this is using something that would normally be discarded...

-I hope this is useful!
Now I have to go out, quick, before it rains. The sky keeps going grey and threatening to get me. I think it's waiting for me. Hey ho!

11 comments:

Roz said...

They look great Helena! You've been really busy!

Love Roz x

Feronia said...

So beautiful, Helena!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

It's like two for the price of one. That is a neat trick!

L. Alida said...

How clever of you Helena! It's always good to get your money's worth, especially when it's so pretty.
I think I finally get the idea with the medallions. I like the glue globs. :) I have very small scissors that I use all the time, so they would be perfect for cutting those out. Now, to find them at my local crafts store. Though, I fear I will end up with a stack of lopsided, droopy medallions. You seem to have the right touch for delicate work while, I tend to be sloppy, no matter how careful I am. I can't wrap a present to save my life. :)
Thank you for sending that cute e-mail with all of the kitties and dogs. It made me smile, so it worked!
I hope all is going well for you. Hope the kitties are feeling well too.
I can't wait to see what you create next!
Hugs,
Lorianna

i beati said...

quite a richness on that darker paper sandy

I am tres lazy at present..sandy

Unknown said...

That's so cool! I've never seen that idea before!Hope you get some sun today!!!

Sandy xox

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Having just read all the details on this & your last post & viewed the photo's, am in awe.
All so beautiful and your patience is amazing.

Love
Blue

Shirley said...

OMGosh!!! I have to have some of those. Thanks for the enabling!!! Yours are just beautiful~

Timaree said...

They are all so pretty. Good idea on using the leftovers as they look pretty too.

Jan said...

Hi Helena
I found your blog on google and I would love to know where you get the transfer paper sheets from I just love the medallions you made from left over stickers. Jan

Mrs Mac said...

Hi Jan! I just emailed you this info but I'll leave it here too in case anyone else nips by and wonders the same!

http://www.foilplay.co.uk/default.aspx?item=JEJEtransfer

-these are exactly the same as mine, a pack of 4 sheets for £1.99 + £1 postage

http://www.cardcraftplus.co.uk/acatalog/Sticker_Transfer_Sheets.html

-a pack of 4 sheets here is £2.99 with UK delivery free. They don't show a photo of the packet or list the brand name so I don't know if they are exactly the same but they show pic's of them being used and they look like the same thing!