Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Thursday 18 September 2008

Been busy...

(If you're looking for the SKETCH SATURDAY challenge, please scroll down- it's the next post!)

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Ahhh well here we go then... don't blame me; someone on the radio said it XX days to Christmas (did you see how I censored that, so that you don't have to suffer it??? :^) )

I was -sometimes literally- floored last week with bad stomach pains. Which, apart from anything else, is pretty boring. SO I spent a couple of evenings sprawled in front of the fire, pootling. Most of these are the result....

This is my favourite. I had no idea what I was building. I was just playing with paper scraps, scissors and embossing stuff. I like how it came out :^)


I don't have any 'greetings' stamps, so I've typed some up in Word and put them in fancy fonts, then printed them onto card......... I didn't have this robin stamp, either. I saw it on a website, drew it, then scanned it in, enlarged it, and printed it out- then coloured it with watercolour pencils........ I put oneinside, too-
This next one was another experiment, i.e., nothing in my mind to work to. Just pootling. The flower is two pieces of card with a brad through the centre, and an embossed circle underneath...

These next ones use stamped images from Penny Black... water colour pencils + a little water, again.....
The "surprise" stamp here was one of a freebie set on Crafts Beautiful magazine the other month....
....I like this character, "House Mouse" :^)
Another mousie......

Ahhhh... here comes my favourite species....
..... look, I've discovered buttons!I like this one. I like the darker colours...
This next one is my partner's favourite!
Ahhh....
Well, there are more, but I haven't photographed them. Oops! I'll get to it, and load them up another time.

Hope you smiled!

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my you have been busy Helena, Your cards are all beautiful. Hope you are feeling better. Debbie x

Dragonstar said...

Oh Helena, what lovely cards! I think I'd better start on my Christmas list now!

Allison said...

great cards, love the little birdie
AllisonX

tiggertastic said...

Fantastic work, just love to bits the mousie cards, will have to sorce some of those stamps.

thanks for viewing my blog page,

sarah x

BumbleVee said...

you were indeed busy....I don't know how you can manage anything at all while feeling sick to your stomach...and, they are all great!
What a good idea to just draw your own robin and copy that....

Becky said...

Wow - those are all darling.. I think I like the one with the three beasties on a sled. I guess there are only XX days until Christmas and I haven't begun thinking up my gift lists yet... I could be in big trouble!

sally in norfolk said...

your friends are going to get such beautiful christmas cards from you :-)

Lynda (Granny K) said...

These cards are so lovely! Very Special!

carolann said...

These cards are brilliant hun you have been busy well done xxxxx

Rosie said...

I love your attitude, you have guts galore! Your cards are fab - especially the kitty ones.
Your photos are gorgeous... and I'm a big fan of owls, so that little chap was a real treat! I have the twin of that blackbird who comes and visits ever morning - shame he won't eat slugs... ;-]

The Mighty Beluga said...

unbelievably adorable

L. Alida said...

You are so talented Helena! Even when you're not feeling well you create such amazing works of art. I spent most of the day in bed yesterday and I wished I could just get up and do something. Very frustrating!
I am partial to the cards with the kitties, but all of them are really adorable. I hope you are feeling better! Hopefully you were able to see your kitties this weekend.
Hugs,
Lorianna

Peaceful/Paisible said...

can I take part and make some atc too ? I love making them !
you've been working so wweel, sweetheart! how are you ? feeling better ?
love from Mousie

Mrs Mac said...

Hullo everyone! Thanks for all the encouragement!

Re cards for xmas- I'm enjoying making them but I have to confess, I have tons of charity cards that I bought in January. LOL! So I think my list will be met with those rather than handmade ones. The list is pretty long, and if I tried to make cards for everyone on it I think it might become a chore and really put me off! OK I'm lazy :) I reckon parents will get handmade ones, and a few friends, but that's all!! I'm not sure the rest of my family would notice, let alone appreciate it!

MOUSIE! So nice to hear from you! Yes, you must join in!!! Thanks!

:^)

Susie Little said...

loving your xmas cards!