Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Thursday 6 August 2009

Dragon Card

This week has been far busier and gone far faster than I expected, so I haven't managed to add my new cards to the shop yet, nor think any more about opening an Etsy shop. (-Though I think I will do that... but anyway, watch this space....)

Here is a card I made last week but couldn't show you till the recipient had it- one of Luvbug's nephews, Eoghan (Irish spelling for "Owen"). His 12th birthday was yesterday...I used adhesive 'gems' and 'pearls' for some of the dragon's scales :) and typed out the greeting in MS Word and printed it straight onto the craft paper. These papers and card are from The PaperMill.

I really like how it turned out and have since heard that he liked it too :)

10 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I'll bet he liked it. It i a very cute card.

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Helena and fantastic colouring!
Love the gorgeous designs and detail!love the image so cute.
Hugs Linda

Shirley said...

How darn cute and pretty too!!

Feronia said...

So cute, Helena - bet Dilly liked it too!

sandyland said...

so great I love them all sandy

Unknown said...

Lovely card, I like dragons! The Penny Black ones are all lovely too from below, I haven't pulled out my penny black stamps in ages. I read about your biking antics, I think you are a brave person ;) I reckon I would fall off too, I think I will stick to walking...

Sandi McBride said...

Lucky Owen needs to save that card! It's a keeper!
Great work, I love seeing your creations you talented Girl!
xo
Sandi

L. Alida said...

Hi Helena! Are you home? :) I have missed you. How is the biking going? No more falls I hope.
I adore this card. He is very cute and perfect for a boy. I love the way the Irish spell certain names. Gallic is very difficult to learn. I have tried and just cannot get a grasp of it. My Granda would be disappointed.
How are things with you? Your Mum and the kits? I think of you so often. I hope all is well.
Sending hugs and Toeshee sends kitty kisses and soft paw taps.
Lorianna

Mrs Mac said...

THank you all for your comments :) Eoghan loved the card! (Yes, Dilly did too!!)

Lorianna, I'll be over PDQ!

Dragonstar said...

That's gorgeous! I love-love-love it!