Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Would you like some???

Apologies for lack of posts!! We're actually meant to be away at the moment, in the New Forest, but I had tummy tantrums :( so we've postponed it till next month now. Hey ho! I'm still not quite right. But I promise to catch up with visiting all your blogs soon!

I've made a few cards, but can't show them here as they're on their way to people who might log on here and see them early. (Oonagh, Bill, you'll have to wait and see. Haha.)

*** *** *** *** *** ***

I have taken on a couple of big orders and some for Christmas cards (AARGH! I DID IT! I SAID THE "C" WORD IN AUGUST! - I dooo so apologise...)

Well this got me thinking about putting together little packs of assorted Christmas cards for people, a real mixture, but all hand made, all different. Sometimes cards for "special" people are really expensive and if you need more than a handful it can really add up. So how about a whole pack of "special" cards at less than £3 per card? Any takers? Here is what I've come up with:

6 Christmas cards, lined inside, plus envelopes;
individually wrapped;

no two packs exactly the same;
all to contain one each of the following + 2 others:

  • "Penny Black" hedgehog (of course!)
  • 3D medallion decoupage
  • religious (serious/arty, e.g. hand drawn Madonna and Child)
  • religious (cute)
  • (I'm not specifying the other 2 as I'm getting some new stamps next month!!!)

Price to be:

  • UK: £16 + £2.75 postage by recorded delivery
  • Ireland: E18.50 + E7.50 for intn'l signed-for delivery
  • USA: USD25 + USD10 for intn'l signed-for delivery
  • other currencies please contact me!!!
  • **payment by sterling cheque or PayPal**

How/when to order and pay:

  • If you'd like a pack please let me know as soon as possible. I'd like to have them all done and sent by the end of October!
  • -Leave a comment here or email me.
  • When the cards are ready, I'll email you and let you know; if you still want to go ahead, only then will I send a PayPal invoice if that's how you're paying.

Other info:

  • If you have a favourite verse or poem etc., let me know and I'll print it on the inside.
  • All proceeds to Miss Fluffy Vet's Bill!!!! LOL!

Lastly, here are some examples of Christmas cards I made last year:


all these images are water colour painted..
hand drawn & glazed "stained glass":

ahhh! It's the Penny Black hedgehog!


My own design, hand drawn and painted with metallic paints...

I'd love to know your feedback on this idea, whether you go for it or not, so please leave a comment if you've time!!


14 comments:

Di said...

Hi Helena

I love these - sadly have made all my cards for C (whisper!) already but hope these do sell - I can see that there's a lot of work and thought in each one. Good luck!!

i beati said...

I sent all mine and am without again,boooo hoooo

david mcmahon said...

Hi Helena, hope you're feeling better. These are great cards - but I knew they would be, having been a longtime advocate of all your art.

In reply to your comment, yes, Brer Rabbit was a huge part of my childhood reading!

Feronia said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards as always, Helena. Hope you are feeling better - I am struck down with the lurgy myself at the moment.

Timaree said...

Good idea. The C word is okay for crafters to use since they NEED to start early. The cards I make at Christmas are my gift to my sisters and brother. I have finally learned to make just one picture though if possible and copy it off as none of them keep the cards. They want to see my handmade work but I don't feel it's worth it if they just go in the trash. Hope you have good luck with your sales.

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling much better Helena. These are beautiful cards, I do confess I am quite enjoying making Christmas cards right now...but nearer the time I simply cannot be bothered :) Contrary or what. I love all your Penny Black stamps.

Shrinky said...

Even my nearest and dearest only receive Charity cards from me (my pet cause is Autism). Such a talent you have, your cards are gorgeous, hope you sell out!

Lori said...

Helena, those are SO cute...i love your hedgehogs, they are just so adorable!!!

Gattina said...

I am a very bad customer for cards. I don't send any snail mail anymore. And Christmas is a feast I don't like so much it's in winter. I just came back from the sunny south east coast and stopped for half a day in London on my way back to Brussels. I don't know where Colchester is, but it would have been fun to have a cup of tea together ! That's the only thing I bought, because it was much cheaper here. All other things became soooo expensive !

Murielle said...

It's very gorgeous cards, Helena!
Thank you for your comments in my blog.
Hugs, Mumur

Candy Bello said...

Thats ok to have Christmas orders! Wow, that means you're going to be busy! Good for you and for your sales! :)

I love the metallic cards. They are very loving.

:)
Candy

Shirley said...

Thay are all lovely. I wouldn't know where to begin. What creativity~!

Tab said...

Fab collection of cards, love all the image! Well done for getting a good start on the xmas cards!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bev said...

Wow, they are all fabulous Helena, hope you get loads of orders hun x