Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Scooter

Scooter left me a smile in his biscuit bowl this morning:

 !!!!!!!

** ** *** ** **

I think he has realised just yesterday that Fluffy has gone. In the last week he has lapped up extra attention, purring his head off at all the fuss. But two days ago I saw him wandering around from room to room upstairs, and looking in the wardrobe (Fluffy sometimes sneaked in to sleep in there). Then yesterday, he was sitting next to me quite calmly, when suddenly he looked at me and meowed and meowed and meowed, with teeth bared (such that he has) and it was a real worraworraworra meow, it went on and on and he just glared at me. And since then, he has been quiet and morose looking, lethargic and curled up.

Poor lad. I think it just hit him that his sister isn't coming back. I can't say that there was great love shown between them, he did tend to bully her a little. But now his sparing partner has gone, I suppose. And he has never been an 'only' cat.

I shall just keep an eye on him and put extra treats his way. I bought his Christmas present this morning; a new bowl and a bag of catnip.

Other than this, he has soft fleecey blankets and lots of love. I hope he is going to be OK. Fluffy pined terribly for her sister when she went.

9 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

They miss their companions and it's so sad when they do for we can't explain to them. But we can love them and hold them extra much. :-)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Scooter gave you a great present! Even if he could not smile today he knew you needed one! THey do grieve for their friends and their people. Mac was grieving himself to death till he came to live with us/

Feronia said...

Oh, poor Scooter. With your TLC, I am sure he'll be able to work through his grief and slowly emerge on the other side of it. Poor little guy. But what a sweet thing to leave in his dish :)

Stardust said...

Oh.. poor Scooter. But I think he feels it in you and leaves that to cheer you up!

I've received your parcel yesterday! Your card is always the BEST! As we didn't have our tree up this year, I've opened my pressie and TALA, I spot a heart!

Big thank you and HUGS...

Cat said...

Oh Helena, I just read that Fluffy went to the bridge on last week on Monday. I knew that she had been poorly but I hadn't visited for a little while. It was her time and it was the right thing to do but that doesn't make it any easier does it? I am very sorry!

I know how hard it is to lose a cat who has been with you for so long! When my Molly died in September she was almost 19 and had been with me in my 20's, 30's and 40's through thick and thin a constant companion.

My heart goes out to you and I hope that you will be able to have a happy Christmas despite the circumstances. Hold tight to Scooter, he will help you through this difficult time!

mrsnesbitt said...

Hi hun - I bought Ella, our puss a catnip cushion a few months ago Without a doubt it is the ONLY present I have ever boought her which she has lapped up. It is hilariou to watch her "cushion" moments! lol! I bought it from one of my blogging friends - Land Cuckoo you will see her name in my bloglist! A great idea for such a special boy!

Timaree said...

Could Scooter have "channeled" a message from Fluffy to you? What a nice surprise however it showed up. Poor kitty. I'm sure he's realized she is missing but with your extra loving he might adapt quickly.

Merry Christmas!

Hammie Hamster said...

Hello Helena,

I've got tears in my eyes reading about Fluffy and Scooter. As you will probably know from reading Hammie's blog, I love our cat a lot. She has been ill for a few times now and when it almost was time to chose to put her to sleep I didn't eat or sleep at all. I'm sending you and Scooter a very big HUG! I'm sure Hammie doesn't mind that I'm using his blog address for a personal message from me to you! We recieved your card today, thank you very much, it's beautiful! Hammie made a post about it this afternoon!

Beanie Mouse said...

Big hug to Scooter from me too.