Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Thursday 8 March 2012

One of the most hated jobs...

Mum's off to Tai Chi this afternoon. They pick her up, drop her off afterwards. I used to go with her but she is OK on her own now, though she does ask me to come sometimes; I judge it by mood- if she's a bit low or wobbly I'll go with her. Otherwise I am FREEE till about 5ish.

So! What am I doing today, with my free pass? Shopping? Arting? Relaxing with a book? Nope. I am defrosting my frost-free freezer.

Yeah that's right, frost-free, you read it right there.

I think it should be the other way 'round- free frost. Or free-for-all frost. I have spatulas and fish slices at the ready, a towel on the floor, food packed up in cool-bags and, if desperation strikes, a hairdryer.

Whoever came up with the phrase 'frost free'? The same person, I bet, that is resposible for the phrases 'fun size chocolate' and 'pain free period'.

Strooooooooooooooof!! Well, it has to be done; we've been having trouble shutting the door!!


4 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

It is not a fun job, but must be done!

Blue said...

I have a new 'frost free' freezer - it has melt down constantly flooding my galley style kitchens floors :(
Space being a premium, I can't move it to sort the 'air' problem!

Julie said...

We've just had the same problem with ours. The engineer told us to leave it switched off for 24 hours to completely defrost the drainage(?)pipe. He then came back and took off the inner top panel, fiddled with some wires I think and declared it fixed. It's been ok so far. I don't think it's enough to just chip off the visible ice, we tried that and it just iced up again.

Beanie Mouse said...

Ah yes...... I clean the kitchen floor every time I defrost my icebox thingy in the fridge!!!! (studio flat with matchbox sized kitchen - no space for freezer!!)

Hey ho.....