Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

"Saturday Sketch" Challenge

Two, because I missed last week's, being away! (I'll post some photo's from our trip later in the week- still going through them!)

First, last week's challenge.
This was the 'sketch', or layout:And this is my interpretation:I lined it with matching paper. You can just about see it here-Don't ask me the make of the stamp- I've no idea; I bought it from E-bay and it doesn't have a label! It arrived when I was away so this was the first time I've used it. Many thanks to Miss Peach for suggesting I try E-bay for a more economical way of finding nice stamps!
Next, this week's sketch:And this is what I came up with:
I'm quite pleased with them. Very pleased with the robin card! The robin image is from Crafty Individuals.

20 comments:

Lorianna said...

Yay, you're home! I popped in on a hunch. :) Sorry about so much rain, but, I'm happy that you had fun.
Your new stamp is so cute! I have to try e-bay. At our local craft store nice big stamps average around $15.00! Ouch! I did buy three on sale though. :)
I need to update my blog. Probably after I wake up. It's after midnight Tuesday morning here.
Have a wonderful day and give your kitties a smooch for me when you see them!
Hugs,
Lorianna

BumbleVee said...

The robin is lovely....
and it is interesting how you used ribbon to get the small rectangles...great idea there....

I really must try some cards one day....

Shary said...

Two great bird cards there. Love the stamp it is lovely!
Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog, I appreciate them. Sorry it rained so much when you were away but I hope you had a good time.

Rach said...

two beautiful cards.I especially like the robin one.xx

Dragonstar said...

Those cards are so lovely! Every time I see what you've done it makes me want to try. One day ...

Becky said...

What beautiful cards, I love the soft colours. I agree that Ebay is the place to bag a bargain on stamps!
Love Becky xx

Denise said...

Great stuff H.
I love your interpretations.

Dxx

Jo said...

2 fab cards! love the robin one,
Thank you for taking part,
Jo xx

ps. you can also nab a bargain stamp or 3 from ebid ;)

CherryPie said...

I love the Robin too, I find them such cheeky little birds :-)

Brocéliane said...

Love your two gorgeous cards :)*Brocéliane*

Becky said...

Pretty! I can't decide which one I like best. My mother-in-law makes cards, too... I'm trying to NOT get involved in another hobby!! But this is awfully tempting... You do beautiful work, Helena!

i beati said...

I love the contrasting yet dicersified twist and turns of these. I hope you willsell some for Christmas ??sk

carolann said...

Wow what a absolutely stunning cards hun well done xxxx

Mary said...

Love the robins! I like the vibrant colors! you got some great stuff here.

Debbie said...

Two great cards. I love the robin image.

sally in norfolk said...

what lovely cards who ever you send them too will be delighted with them :-)

Amy said...

Great work! I wish I could do stuff like this. I am creative in other ways, but you are just brilliant! Keep up the great work. Glad you had a nice holiday, even if it was wet!

Helena said...

Coooooooooo thanks for all the lovely comments!!!! I've gone all pink.

Debbie's Blog of Life said...

Hi!
Debbie, one of Amy's Friends. I left a message on Bob's blog.

Just so you know Amy is in the hospital right now.

If you'd like to email me fee free to: debbiesp at gmail dot com

I know she'll be ok.

-Debbie

Helena said...

Debbie,

Oh dear! Thanks for letting me know- I'll email you. Thanks!