Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Thursday 26 April 2012

52/4

I have only one excuse for why this is a day late- yesterday, I didn't know what day it was. OK there IS a second excuse- I didn't remember till the middle of the night that, as well as bins having to go out on Wednesdays, I should blog about a book, too,.


Ooops. Well the rubbish is piled up for another week, but the book thing I can correct!



The Tao Of Pooh
by Benjamin Hoff
Pooh rubbed his nose with his paw, and said that the Heffalump might be walking along, humming a little song, and looking up at the sky, wondering if it would rain, and so he wouldn't see the Very Deep Pit until he was half-way down, when it would be too late.

The author, Benjamin Hoff, thinks that Pooh has a certain way about him that is strangely close to the ancient Chinese principles of Taoism....."While Eeyore frets and Piglet Hesitates and Owl pontificates, Pooh just is."

It's a lovely book. Thre is also "The Te Of Piglet" too!

Sorry for being late!


**** *** **** *** **** ***
Thanks to everyone who joins in with this, btw!

If you want to join in too, pick up any book, go to page 52, then go to the 4th line. Give us whatever sentences cross the 4th line. i.e. you may have to go back a bit or forward bit, but the 4th line is your guide!

Either put your finding on your blog and tell us in the comments to this post, or just write the entry itself in the comments. Simples!


**** *** **** *** **** ***

6 comments:

Blue said...

Love the idea of an alternative Poo!

No worries re being late posting, you made now and that's all that matters AND that more important you, are alright-ish!!!

My posts all about chocolate.
http://blue-startingover.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/524-book-meme-and-sweet-temptations.html

Love
Blue

Tammie Lee said...

a friend recently gave me this book. I have only read a little and found it to be wonderful. the simple truths are the ones i often love. thank you for sharing and for your visits to my art blog. lovely day and beyond to you.

Eileen said...

The book I'm quoting from today, 'Light on Snow' by Anita Shreve, I think of as a "coming of age" story.

I think "coming of age" can happen at any time in a person's life. My own came when I was well into my 40s.

The 52/4 from 'Light on Snow' : "I wonder if there are still police guarding the site."

Hugs to you, Helena,
Eileen

CherryPie said...

I really enjoyed reading this book. You have reminded me that I must re-read it.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

The Chimney Still Stands by Tammy Snyder

Shops selling original works from local talent would spring forth. Artists from every walk of life would come here seeking inspiration and opportunities for employment would rise.

Feronia said...

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle:

"Just because you're a few paltry billion years - " Mrs Whatsit was starting indignantly, when a sharp, strange voice cut in."

& I *love* the Tao of Pooh!