Juggling life through a bi-polar lens. Sometimes up, sometimes down. Mostly trying to tread water in the middle. Creating a likeness to a normal life. Whatever "normal" is...

Monday, 6 August 2012

A Little Success Is A Big Thing...

......I fed Scooter at 1am, 4am, again at 6.30, and I put the alarm on for 8.30, but found that Luvbug was already up and feeding him! And.............. NO SEIZURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I am thinking this is a case of-
not active at night, so-
doesn't nibble his food through the night, so-
blood sugar drops, and-
has a seizure in the morning.

My plan now is to keep to this night-time waking and feeding unless he starts being active at night again.

I rang the vet.
He won't come out to do a Convenia shot, even when I reminded him that the stress of the carrier/car/visit to the clinic brought on a big seizure last time we went, in April.
No, he won't come out.
So instead he is leaving out some more of the same anti-B he has been on the last few days. Luvbug has gone up now to collect it, along with more Hills A/D, as Scoot has eaten all our supplies!

As to discussing the question of blood sugar, the vet said he will call me back later.


Oh well, a little break through is a big thing. 
I wonder why his blood sugar isn't stable, though?
I wonder if it has to do with his hyperthyroidism, for which he takes 10mg Vidalta daily.
He should have his levels checked, really.
When the other vet is back from hol's I'll ask if he'll come out.

Thanks again for your support and kindness............ p-lease keep purrs and purrayers coming!

**** *** **** *** **** ***
Love, tea & cake,  


Angel and Kirby said...

I am so happy that he did better with you feeding him through the night. I hope you can get some rest!

Helena said...

Rest? What's that? LOL!

Luckily, with Luvbug being a teacher, and schools now being closed till Spetember, I am able to sleep a few hours late morning/early afternoon without having to leave Scooter unmonitored. Then, almost as soon as I'm awake, it's time to see mum. If she is left till even 4pm she will moan and moan about how lonely, alone and bored she is, despite the fact that she comes to our house every day!!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

you are in our thoughts all the time dear Scoot...make sure you eat up so your mum doesn't worry too much.
I know she is running herself ragged tending to everything she has to do during a day...
tell her that mommy loves to look at the beautiful cards she has sent each time she goes into the kitchen...now there are four of them to admire in the kitchen window sill...they delight he heart!
Love Miss Hunny Bunny

Everycat said...

That's great news! We are very happy that Scooter had such a good night and morning. It really looks like the night time feeds are helping him.

I worry about that vet, refusing a home visit for an elderly cat with vet related stress and other issues is appalling and to me falls into the derelection of care catagory. I hope your good vet comes back very soon but if not (and I know this can be difficult) do think about looking for another practice. Your vets should pass on Scooter's notes without issue.

Getting the T4 levels checked when you get the blood panel would be good, Hyper T can fluctuate even on medicine for it.

Still sending love and rumbly purrs and hope you can get some good rest

Oliver, Gerry, mungo & The Ape xx

Found art blog said...

Well, good there's no seizures!!! Hugs all round, I say!!

Eileen said...

Hugs, love and good thoughts from here to all of you.

MorningAJ said...

It'll be tough keeping up that regime - but he's worth it.

Purrs from my three felines!

The Lee County Clowder said...

Sounds almost like the regime with a orphan kitten -- every couple hours, wake up (you) and feed (the kitten).

Purrrrrrring that 'the good V*T' gets back soonest, and you can get some answers about Scooter.